Headway's trusted methodology combines solid grammar and practice, vocabulary development, and integrated skills with communicative role-plays and personalization.
Authentic material from a variety of sources enables students to see new language in context, and a range of comprehension tasks, language and vocabulary exercises, and extension activities practise the four skills. 'Everyday English' and 'Spoken grammar' sections practise real-world speaking skills, and a writing section for each unit at the back of the book provides models for students to analyse and imitate.
New and updated texts and topics
Integrated skills syllabus with a clear grammar focus
iTools – an all-in-one teaching resource for the interactive classroom
iTutor and iChecker – interactive self-study discs that come with the Student's Book and the Workbook
Full teacher support – resources, photocopiables, tests and more - online and in print
Brand new video content, available for students on iTutor with interactive exercises
English in Context series. The reproducible lessons in this series were designed for students who still have trouble understanding what they read, writing a simple report, or finding the appropriate words to express themselves. A systematic, incremental teaching method promotes progress by steadily building confidence in six core topics. These reproducible books include teacher notes and tips, answer keys, reference guides, lessons, unit reviews and more.
Jim's 1000: Listening Comprehension Practice Test Items for the New TOEIC Test includes 10 practise tests with detailed expression reviews and answer keys. The Jim's 1000 TOEIC practise test book is a must-have material that you should have prior taking to a real Toeic test. The practise tests are almost similar in difficulty level of a real Toeic tests, especially in contexts, vocabularies, question types, question lengths, and answers.
If your current score is 600 and your target score is above 800, you can start to practise this book from now. 1 test per week, then increase to 2 tests per week. After 2 months, you can take the real test confidently. Good luck!
This book is intended to prepare students for the TOEFL® (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test in both its paper and computer formats. It is based on the paper format first introduced in July 1995 and the computer format first introduced in July 1998.
Longman Complete Course for the TOEFL® Test: Preparation for the Computer and Paper Tests can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the needs of the reader: • It can be used as the primary classroom text in a course emphasizing TOEFL test preparation. • It can be used as a supplementary text in a more general English language course. • It can be used as a tool for individualized study by students preparing for the TOEFL test outside of the ESL classroom.
WHAT IS IN THE BOOK:
This book contains a variety of materials which together provide a comprehensive preparation program:
* Diagnostic Pre-Tests for each section, in both paper and computer formats, measure students’ level of performance on each section of the TOEFL test and allow students to determine specific areas of weakness.
* Skills and Strategies for each of the sections of the TOEFL test provide students with clearly defined steps to improve performance on the test.
* Exercises provide practice of one or more skills in a non-TOEFL format.
* TOEFL Exercises provide practice of one or more skills in a non-TOEFL format.
* TOEFL Review Exercises provide practice of all of the skills taught up to that point in a TOEFL format.
* TOEFL Post-Tests for each section, in both paper and computer formats, measure the progress that students have made after working through the skills and strategies in the text.
* Complete Tests, in both paper and computer formats, allow the students to simulate the experience of taking actual TOEFL tests with all of the sections together in one complete test.
* Scoring Information allows students to determine their approximate TOEFL scores on the paper version of the Pre-Tests, Post-Tests, and Complete Practice Tests.
* Charts allow students to record their progress on the Pre-Tests, Post-Tests, and Complete Practice Tests.
* Recording Scripts allow the students to see the text of all the listening exercises and tests included on the audio cassettes/CDs.
The material features real companies and individuals, and authentic texts, providing relevant study for Business English students. The new edition contains 90% new material, providing a fresh and updated context for the language work. The syllabus remains language-driven, giving learners the thorough grounding in basic structures and skills which they need at this level. A new pronunciation syllabus provides work on word and sentence stress, intonation, and other areas such as contracted speech which learners at this level often find problematic. Each unit covers a theme of general relevance in the business world, such as 'Dealing with Problems' and 'New Developments.' The units are now even in length, with clear headings to identify different types of activities. A slower pace in the early units ensures students are at ease with basic structures before moving on. There is a balanced approach to skills work, including regular practice of real-life listening situations. Systematic revision and recycling takes place as the course progresses.
This intuitive guide to learning a language - whether for business, relocation, emigration, holiday or interest - tells you the quickest, most effective way of learning the language you need to know. Contents: 1. Why? 2. How; 3. Getting organised; 4. Collecting language; 5. Contact with a native speaker; 6. Tandem learning; 7. Listening; 8. Speaking; 9. Reading; 10. Adapting languages for your own use; 11. Grammar; 12. Writing; 13. How to make the most of your contact with native speakers; 14. Trying it out; 15. How to react to what you find; 16. Reassess your goals; 17. Keeping it ticking over Download links