Sunday, October 16, 2016

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE DRAMAS

·   0

MY TOP 10 DRAMAS:
top10 copy 2013
1. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (내 이름은 김삼순)
If there’s a perfect K-drama, then this is it for me! The best thing that ever happened in K-dramaland. The drama that started my obsession with Kim Sun-Ah, Korean dramas, Korean language and Korean culture. Very special, meaningful and closest to my heart. Wonderful characterization. Funny yet heart-warming and realistic. A drama that taught me a lot of things. Of course Kim Sun-Ah is the BEST!
I guess no matter how many good dramas come in the future, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon would remain as my top drama – now and forever. It paid enough rent in my heart to last a lifetime. But seriously, it was Sam Soon’s character that made this drama extra EXTRA special. And so far I haven’t met a drama character as wonderful and as real as her! Sam Soon rocks!
2. Sand Glass (무래시계)
Need I say more? It wouldn’t be one of the highest-rated TV series in Korean broadcasting history for no reasons. It’s a masterpiece!
3. Alice in Cheongdamdong (청담동 앨리스)
Well and bravely written realistic drama. Touches issues that are not usually addressed in Kdramaland. Not to mention Moon Geun Young is awesome – as always! L’effort est ma force.
4. City Hall (시티홀)
Love, LOVE and more LOVE! Although I found a great love story in Scent Of A Woman, I still believe that there is nothing sweeter and more romantic than this one. A drama that taught me to be courageous and not to give up. Also a drama that raised my standards in men a hundred and ninety-nine notches up. Wonderful story! Wonderful chemistry between Kim Sun-Ah and Cha Seung-Won! Wonderful OST! Oh, and did I say it’s wonderful?
5. Rooftop Prince (옥탑방 왕세자)
A really fun and funny drama! One of the best time warps drama in my book! I also love the twist! Also heart-wrenching! Oh my 저하!!!
6. A Gentleman’s Dignity (신사의 품격)
It’s written by K-drama goddess Kim Eun Seok, so what else do you expect? Romance, one-sided love, ahjussis, Jang Dong Gun – I’m totally sold!
7. Scent Of A Woman (여인의 향기)
Bravely written. Wonderful execution. Kept me at the edge of my seat from the get go. Impossible not to be emotionally attached to the characters. A drama that can make me cry by the mere thought of it – not because it is sad but because it pulls a dozen heartstrings. A drama that taught me a dozen and two life lessons. A drama that is a bit difficult to let go of. If dramas can be hugged, then this is the drama I want to hug forever. 토닥 토닥.
8. H.I.T. (히트)
Beautifully written. Not a single boring part. Can’t stop watching (and re-watching it). Ms. Go is simply awesome here!
9. On Air (온에어)
Beautifully and carefully written story! I can totally relate to the tv production storyline. Good chemistry among the 4 cast. Lee Bum-Soo is really great! Park Yong-Ha is really handsome. I realized Kim Ha-Neul is good. And Song Yoon-Ah is lovable!
10. Flowers For My Life (꽃 찾으러 왔단다)
A brave drama that tackles death in a very frank yet heartwarming way. Unusual plot with unusual characters played well by excellent actors. I’m just so glad to have watched this. It’s just that it can’t capture my attention like other dramas when I can’t help but watch episode after episode. But nonetheless it is, and will remain as one of the best Korean dramas ever!
MY OTHER FAVORITES
I Do I Do (아이두 아이두) – An unusual drama with your not-so-usual female lead character and not-so-usual male lead character. A drama that deals with the struggles of an powerful woman. I love the brave and mature attack of this dramas to different issues. Has taught me a thing or two about the future.
The Women Who Still Wants to Marry (아직도 결혼 못하는 여자) – Goes straight to your heart! Jung Da-Jung is sooo cute, and I want to be like Boo Gi-Woogie!
Tree With Deep Roots (뿌리 깊은 나무) –Wow! A wonderful 사극 fiction about The Great King Sejong and Hangeul! How can I not love this?
49 Days (49 일) – Wonderful concept. And finally we have a lead guy that is smart – thank goodness! It kept me engaged. Wonderful message. But the ending ruined everything. Actually it was okay for me, but after watching Scent Of A Woman I realized how lousy 49 Days’ ending was.
What’s Up Fox? (여우야 뭐하니?) – Kim Do-Wo is really a poignant writer. A fun fun fun drama. An unusual love story done in a very realistic way. A totally different Ms. Go.
Secret Garden (시크릿 가든) – I love it. I hate it. I hate to love it. I love to hate it. The drama that makes me so confused whether I like it or not. Overall, it is a good one. I enjoyed watching it. I even can’t stop watching it. Writer Kim Eun Sook is really the best when it comes to romance. However, me being a great My Name Is Kim Sam Soon fan, I get pretty annoyed at times.
Bad Couple (불량커플) – I watched this because of Kim Hyang-Ki, but got hooked to it in no time. I love the characters. Can relate to Dang-Ja and I wish Ki-Chan does exist! He’s the most IDEAL guy character among all the K-dramas that I’ve seen. Wonderful OST too!!! (Of course, Noh Young-Shim is really the best!). But after watching Scent Of A Woman, I just had to take this down my top 10 list.
When It’s At Night (밤이면 밤아다) – It’s not that bad… Really, it’s not THAT bad! And Kim Sun-Ah is very pretty here… And I still believe she and Lee Dong-Gun has a good chemistry… Writing and directing is not so good, but it’s a Kim Sun-Ah drama, so it should be on my top 10 list! hahaha.
Dal Ja’s Spring (달자의 봄) – Woman Power at it’s best!
Drunken To Love You (醉後決定愛上你) – My first Taiwanese drama and I haven’t felt this way in watching a drama for a long time. I so love it.
Housekeeper Mita (家政婦のミタ) – The first Japanese drama that I loved so much! It’s difficult not to get attached to Mita and the rest of the Asuda family.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :